Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Ramblings of A Crazy Person

The first thing that went through my mind, as I assume it went through the minds of my classmates is when we got our class assignment is one that's been bothering me for quite a while. Our topic is supposed to be our life's focus, the interest to end all interest. Is journalism the thing that I want to do with my life.

The simple answer to that question is yes, but so many other things challenge me with this decision. I would love to work in journalism, honestly it is one of the most interesting things to me at this point in my life. After taking my personality test I have become more aware of my tendencies to over think things; the idea of being a journalist fascinates and terrifies me at the same time.

Honestly, I wish I was more interested in a field that was less risky. I envy the people who want to be engineers, but to be honest I hate math. The creativity of writing is something that I need in my life. Risk is something I don't like to take. Even with this topic I had to whittle it down from several related topics that I deemed too dangerous to pursue as a career.

 Because I am smart, everyone seems to want me to go to a good college and get a great job. Although I agree with the first part of that statement, the second part frightens me to no end. I know that working as a journalist is certainly not a bad career. It just doesn't have the steadiness of many other careers and I am working my hardest to deal with that.

-Victoria

0 comments:

Post a Comment