Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Basic Outliers Response

I was told I needed to post a rudimentary response to Outliers so here are a couple of journals I have written during class relating to this topic.


10,000 Hours
I have spent most of my active time playing, or practicing basketball. I practice a lot at home and at camps learning. This is a newer pursuit to me so I don’t have a ton of hours spent at this pursuit, but I am continually practicing this in order to get better.

This is not my intellectual pursuit because I honestly don’t believe I have a future in the sport. The topic can in fact overlap, this overlap would include sports journalism. Sports is an important part of the news and even if it is not my favorite channel of journalism I would be interested in studying it further.



Smart Enough

In life I do think I am probably smart enough. As compared to the majority of humans on this planet I could be considered a genius. Compared to americans i’m quite smart. But as compared to the people in my classes I’m basically average. I definitely think I’m smart enough but I am most certainly not a genius. I really don’t like the term gifted, it makes people judge you and make inferences on your personality. My parents often would rather make me ask a teacher if I have a people in class. They do however follow a different pattern of actions concerning my siblings. Yes, being smart makes people around you expect you to do better than most people in life.



1 comments:

Very interesting and truthful! Keep posting!

Post a Comment