Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Beware Online Filter Bubbles

So I wasn't going to post a full-on analysis of this Ted talk but It did what it intended to, it made me think. The ides of having computers decide, with great accuracy, what I like and what I may like in the future is weird yet very cool. News websites aren't the only services that do this. From Pandora to Target modern life has become so wrapped up in what you want now. This helps you with getting people what you, think you, need at a better cost to you. However this technique removes much of the opportunity for creativity and finding new exciting things.I feel like these techniques should be regulated but this could easily be a sticky situation. I just hope that the internet remains a, somewhat, open place where people can express their beliefs, concerns, and qualms with the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment